Chief Technology Officer (CTO) Job Description
- Provide organizational direction with regards to all internal technologies (production, decision support, productivity)
- Provide organizational direction with regards to all customer-facing and prospect technologies (including mobility, data and qualitative products, and user trial)
- Create technology strategic plans and budgets with emphasis on cost/benefits analysis
- Manage both in-house, and third party service providers and consultants.
- Set the overall direction for information technology through strategic planning and evaluation by establishing an IT strategic road map that supports and advances corporate business objectives in concert with Senior Management team
- Ensure that the IT Department delivers consistent, repeatable and cost effective IT infrastructure, data and voice communications infrastructure, applications support, project management and application development services to both internal and external customers
- Manage all aspects of IT Department staffing, including employee development and annual salary planning
- Communicate IT plans and status throughout all levels of the companyWork closely with Sales leadership to develop focused online marketing and sales strategy
- Provide hands-on experience throughout all phases of the systems development lifecycle
- Support and foster the existing high energy and morale of the group and foster the continuous improvement culture of the organization and get the most out of the existing teams
- Co-ordinate and drive the business relationships with key internal and significant external partners
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organizational structure that supports the needs of the business
- Spearhead the company-wide technical vision.
- Outline, plan, and execute the technical strategy, architecture, and development goals to meet the business needs of Huawei big data solution
- Lead and manage the technology planning, the evaluation/decision of alternative technologies, the production of technical documentation, prototype development
- Manage the technical aspects of platform and products and their compatibility with the ecosystem/ customers’ systems
- Inspire and work closely with global engineering team to ensure the delivery of the platform and products and oversee the full lifecycle.
- Work closely with product team to understand and anticipate business requirements