- In ‘spaghetti situations’ in which everything is connected to everything, and everything influences everything it is by far not obvious what the best solution is. All people involved have a different idea about what the problem is. And if you ask them, all these people have different ideas about what the solution could;. If you, as engineer, consultant, manager or analyst are in a situation like this, then what to do?
- In order to solve complex problems its required to define a overall strategy and method that will guide the development of the complex solutions and following a set critical path, budget and timeframe.
- In order to design and accelerate the implementation of a solution, customers must commit to design decision and any acceptable risks. Multiply components solutions adds to the complexity, through validation and support from vendors is a absolute requirement and they must be invested in the success of the solution
- Define Budget
- Define Business Requirements
- Define Technical Requirements
- Define Success Criteria and key metrics
- Identify Risks
- Solutions Definition
- Project initiation
- Migration Plan