How to Report a SMS Phishing Scams
Example SMS Scam Message;
- Look up the IP address using Whois
- Identify the hosting service
- Identify Phone number from Message
- Submit a Abuse report to hosting services and upload images and information.
- Report to Medicare or the company involved.
- Report to https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/report-a-scam
- Submit IP to – https://www.abuseipdb.com or https://www.spamcop.net/anonsignup.shtml
- Submit to https://www.donotcall.gov.au/
- Email SPAM
- If you are using Outlook or Gmail, you can mark the email as Spam/Phishing to report it to microsoft or google.
This is a real example; I was able to get the site blocked