IT Interview Questions Cheat Sheet
- What is the difference between Backup/Data Protection and Data Archival?
- Explain TCP 3-Way Handshake (SYN,SYN-ACK,ACK) – http://support.microsoft.com/kb/172983
- What is a 301 and 404 error
- What is the difference between Truncate database and drop table?
- Explain Public Key Cryptography (PKI)
- What is the difference between TCP and UDP.
- What is the meaning of TCP and IP in the term TCP/IP
- What is Virtulization
- What is Cloud Computing
- What is NoSQL
- Give 3 examples of a NoSQL in-memory database
- symmetric and asymmetric security
- what options are there for database optimization
- how would you secure data in motion as well as data at rest?
- What is autoscalling and Horizontal and Vertical scalling
- What type of virus protection would us use on a Linux OS. (Trick questions, Linux does not need virus protection.)
- This should lead to a discussion about SElinux and application packages via Linux and Windows Registry, Services, boot up files,etc.. more info – http://www.howtogeek.com/135392/htg-explains-why-you-dont-need-an-antivirus-on-linux-and-when-you-do/
Questions to Ask
- What is the current workload?
- What are the current pain points?
- What is required for this role?
- What capabilities do you need for this role?
- Are there many opportunities for professional development within the company?
- Where do you see this role in 2 Years? 5 Years?
- How would you describe the office culture?
- What do you think are the biggest challenges of the role?
- Why did you choose this company?
- What are your growth plans?
- What does a typical week look like?
- Provide examples that highlight the following : leadership, humility, collaboration, adaptability and loving to learn and re-learn
- Provide a example when you had to show – Team Leadership, Solutions , Technical X Skill?